- Help Center
Consultants need to differentiate
Leaders and analysts alike have serious doubts about their future — and their ability to stand out in the market and keep client spend steady. Data from the Korn Ferry shows...
Axios HQ is the strategic asset for consulting firms
In consulting, every meeting, spreadsheet, email, report, and conversation has the potential to hold industry-shifting information. You've done the hard work to discover it. The hard part is making sure it doesn't get lost or overlooked.
Axios HQ's communication software incorporates a methodology called Smart Brevity® — proven to break through to executives and decision makers and keep them more engaged with the critical insights you share.
Axios HQ is the innovative communication software for consulting firms
Competitive firms need the best internal consulting tools to retain talent, elevate customers, and keep operations smooth.
Axios HQ differentiates internal communication in consulting
What our customers say
Some of the world's most established organizations use Axios HQ to strengthen their communications and stay ahead of their competitors.
"We needed a turn-key solution to share crucial information with our employees. The Smart Brevity newsletter format is easy to use and has provided us with key insights to alter our internal communications approach."
How Edelman keeps 6,000 employees current
Edelman needed a more effective way to share company and client news with employees across 60 global offices.Read their case study
"Axios HQ is our solution for disjointed communications — there was too much getting shared, and staff was struggling to see, ‘What's really important?’ Axios gives you the perfect format. Smart Brevity makes it feel modern and crisp."
LRN communicated through a corporate rebrand
When LRN absorbed the No. 2 company in its market space, it needed help navigating the merger and delicate communications that come with change management.Read their case study
"We love the Axios HQ approach because it’s based on brain science. It helps us think about our writing differently... and internally, we’re hearing a lot more people repeating our key messages back to us since."
Consulting communication FAQs
How can I improve my communication skills as a consultant?
Effective communication is critical to being a successful consultant, and to improve your communication skills, you need to:
- Practice. The more you work at communicating, the better you will be. Practice writing emails, newsletters, updates, and targeted reports so you can be better prepared to speak on all topics.
- Know your audience. One of the most important things to know when communicating is who your audience is, what they need to know, and how you can best deliver that information. Study who you’ll be communicating with and create a plan to deliver on what they expect.
- Listen. One component of communication that is often overlooked is listening. The more you listen, the better you will know your audience and what they need.
- Work with a mentor. If you feel you have weak communication skills, find a mentor who can help you practice your delivery.
- Gather feedback. Either from your mentor or your audience, collect feedback to see where you can improve.
- Use data insights. If you’re not hitting your goals, see if your communication weaknesses are to blame. Look at open rates, click-thru rates, and other metrics. If your emails or newsletters aren’t getting read, work on your written communication skills. If deals aren’t closing or you aren’t connecting with clients, see if you’re sending too many emails — or maybe not enough. Find a level of communication that connects with your client without overwhelming them.
Why is it important to have good communication skills in a consultation?
For consultants, effective communication drives results. If you can’t connect with your audience, understand what they need, and deliver that to them in a meaningful way, you will fail to build the relationships that will drive your business.
Why are good communication skills important when consulting with a client?
You need good communication skills to consult with your clients because you need to be able to understand their needs and how you can best deliver on those — even when the client can’t always put exactly what they want into words.
Why is communication key in consulting?
Part listening, part discerning, a consultant needs top-level communication capabilities to help a client discover what they need and how that outcome can be achieved. They need to be able to parse out what the client wants and provide those insights to help their clients achieve their business goals.
How is AI revolutionizing internal communications for consultants?
Consultants — many of whom are never given formal writing training — can now rely on AI guidance to craft better communications. When they don’t have to work from scratch, they can spend more time consulting and less time writing.