The B2B company uses Axios HQ to send three inspiring newsletters with over 80% open rates.
The challenge: GLG needed a dedicated channel to showcase its nonprofit work and deepen employee participation across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
It had to be:
- Engaging: An easy-to-scan format to help readers understand GLG’s social impact opportunities and join the ones most interesting to them.
- Accessible: A streamlined writing and sending process to easily collaborate on and customize communications for unique regional audiences.
The solution: GLG, the world’s largest expert network, worked with Axios HQ to launch three regional newsletters about the company’s Social Impact work, boosting edition open rates to over 80%.
- 💭Richard Socarides, Chief Communications Officer: “As our Social Impact work continues to grow in both scale and ambition, we recognized that smart communications would be crucial in conveying its importance to our culture and driving greater engagement among employees. Axios HQ provides a streamlined, intuitive platform to communicate with our employees around the world, as well as the ability to easily customize our messaging for specific regional audiences.”
- 💭 Jen Field, Head of Social Impact: “GLG completed more than 600 Social Impact projects in 2020 alone – including with more than 135 organizations at the forefront of COVID-19 relief, which collectively reach more than 100M people. We wanted to share these stories with employees to encourage even more of them to participate. Axios HQ allows us to effectively highlight high-impact stories, generate enthusiasm, and shout out the employees contributing to the work.”
How we did it: Axios HQ led training for GLG’s Communications team on Smart Brevity®, newsletter best practices, and the Axios HQ tool to help GLG develop the structure of the newsletters — highlighting new, compelling information and identifying opportunities to tailor communications to its regional audiences.
- See an example of the regional newsletter they craft and deliver with Axios HQ.
- Together, GLG and Axios HQ won a Gold MarCom award for their social impact communications.